Sunday 2 February 2014

Luxury In The Everyday

Miniature lemon-vanilla pound-cakes, one of my most recent endeavors.
This is a blog devoted to simple luxury. The home-made kind - the creation and consumption of indulgent meals; the garden of fragrant herbs and flowers; the small experiences and experiments that make life fuller and more colourful.

I've always had a fascination with things made on the individual level. Somehow there is another dimension to such things, as though I could feel, however subtly, the effort and intent put into it by the creator. (However, that's about as metaphysical as I get!) And there is definitely no doubt that it is immensely satisfying to make something for oneself.

Until recently, it wasn't something I put a lot of effort into doing. But lately I've been indulging and experimenting, trying to develop new skills and create things I can both enjoy and be proud of. This is my way of recording it all, from recipes to flowers to the quest for the ultimate handmade soap - reveling in the small luxuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment