Tuesday 4 February 2014

Project #1: Seedlings: Day 5

Accused of attempted murder.
So this morning I get up to make the caffeine I require in order to survive, and I discover that Gala Apple V had been knocked over in the night. And it was clear who the antagonist was.

Caught returning to the scene of the crime.
I'm pretty sure that it was accidental, as my cat is actually normally very good around plants. Although I've caught her a few times before rubbing her face against the seedlings, making them tip precariously, this is the first time one actually fell over. As you can see, I have yet to buy a tray for my impromptu apple pots, so maybe once I get one they'll have more stability.

I fixed Gala Apple V back up - fortunately, only a bit of the top soil was disturbed, the seed stayed nicely put away - and will buy them all a tray today.

Besides that, I will have yet another look for Bee Balm. I don't want to buy it online because then I will be tempted to buy other things as well (you know, to 'make it worth the shipping', that age-old justification of online shopping addicts everywhere). I don't even get paid until this Friday and I already have plans for all of my spare cash.

Nothing has sprouted above the soil yet, and I'm very disappointed. It's hard not to try and take another look at how the garlic is doing, but I've resisted so far. Tomorrow, I'm not so sure. Savory is supposed to be 5-21 days to germinate, so there's a tiny possibility that I'll see it soon.

Turns out that gardening from seed isn't ideal for the impatient. Maybe this will be good for me. Maybe I'll become veritably Zen-like in my patience and lofty moral character. Or, maybe I'll end up digging furtively through soil every night to see if my garlic has grown another millimeter yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment